Yang Liu （刘洋）
College of Computer Science and Technology,
Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen
刘洋 硕士生导师 助理教授 特聘副研究员
Yang Liu received his D.Phil (PhD) degree in Computer Science from University of Oxford (advised by Professor Andrew Simpson) in July 2018. He is currently an Assistant Professor and an Associate Research Fellow in Department of Computer Science and Technology of Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen. He is interested in security and privacy problems and, in particular, the privacy issues on mobile devices. Prior to joining Oxford, He received an MSc in Software Engineering from Peking University and a B.Eng in Computer Science from Ocean University of China.
Issues of data security and privacy
Usable models for privacy-preserving data mining
IoT Security and Privacy
2014/10 – 2018/05 D. Phil (PhD) in Computer Science, University of Oxford
2010/09 – 2013/07 Master in Software Engineering, Peking University
2006/09 – 2010/07 Bachelor in Computer Science, Qingdao College, Ocean University of China
Since 2019/12 Assistant Professor & Associate Research Fellow, College of Computer Science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen
Since 2018/09 Assistant Professor, College of Computer Science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen
· 2019 National Key Research and Development Program of China: Privacy protection and forensics technology under the Internet
· 2019 Key-Area Research and Development Program for Guangdong Province, China: Technology and method of privacy protection and confrontation for big data application
· 2019 High-level Overseas Talents Project of Shenzhen, China: Research on privacy-preserving framework for mobile devices
· 2020 Basic Research Project of Shenzhen, China: Research on key technologies of data privacy protection for mobile devices
· F. Liu, G. Wu and Y. Liu*. Privacy-Preserving Friend Recommendation Mechanism for Online Social Networks. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Cryptography, Security and Privacy (ICCSP 2020).2020.
· H. Li, X. Wang, S. Qi*, Y. Liu, H. Wang, F. Jia, J. Zhang. Solving Six-Player Games via Online Situation Estimation. Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2019).2019.
· Y. Liu* and A. C. Simpson. On the trade-off between privacy and utility in mobile services: A qualitative study. Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Security, Privacy, Organizations, and Systems Engineering (SPOSE 2019).2019.
· Y. Yin, Q. Liao, Y. Liu and R. Xu*. Structural-based Graph Publishing under Differential Privacy. Proceedings of the 8th IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC2019). 2019.
· Y. Liu* and A. C. Simpson. Privacy-preserving targeted mobile advertising: Formal models and analysis. Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Data Privacy Management (DPM 2016). Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 9963, Pages 94-110. 2016.
· Y. Liu* and A. C. Simpson. Ad-Selector: A privacy-preserving advertisement-selection mechanism for mobile devices. The Computer Journal. 60(8):1251-1270. 2017.
· Y. Liu* and A. C. Simpson. Privacy-preserving targeted mobile advertising: Requirements, design, and a prototype implementation. Software: Practice and Experience. 46(12): 1657-1684. 2016.
· Privacy-Preserving Targeted Advertising for Mobile Devices. Invited talk at the 2nd Harbin Institute of Technology Shenzhou Forum for International Young Scholars, 2017.
· Mobile Privacy. Research showcase demonstrator on Computer Science Department Open Days, 2017.
· PPTMA: Privacy-Preserving Targeted Mobile Advertising. Poster speaker on Computer Science Industry Showcase 2017, University of Oxford, 2017.
· Privacy-Preserving Targeted Advertising for Mobile Devices. Poster speaker on Oxford Computer Science Conference 2017 (OxCSC 2017).
· Privacy-Preserving Targeted Mobile Advertising: Formal Models and Analysis. Presentation given on the 11th International Workshop on Data Privacy Management (DPM 2016).
· PPTMA: Privacy-Preserving Targeted Mobile Advertising. Presentation given on Oxford Computer Science Conference 2016 (OxCSC 2016)
Professional Qualification and Academic Service
· Member of the Program Committee of the 2017 International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems (ESSoS 2017)
· Journal Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
· Journal Reviewer for Journal of Computer Research and Development
· Member of the Technical Committees of the 4th International Conference on Cryptography, Security and Privacy (ICCSP 2020)
· Member of the Technical Committees of the 1st International Conference on Deep Learning Theory and Applications (DeLTA 2020)
· Member of the Technical Committees of the International Conference on Robotics, Computer Vision and Intelligent Systems (Robovis 2020)
Teaching and Supervising Experience
· MsC students : 11 in Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen
· MsC students: 2 in Peking University
· COMP1001: Foundation of Computer Science
· COMP2009A: Design and Practice of Software (A)
· COMP2002: High-level Language Programming
· S8100002C: Engineering Ethics
Other Working Experience
2011/08 - 2014/07 Co-founder & Manager of Tech Department, Beijing Aikaka Tech Co., Ltd